Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thoughts on Prague

  Spring is upon us, and I have been so busy these past months. I recently added more hours to my work schedule so now I work a full five days a week. I am thankfully able to spend time on most weekends with friends, that is always a blessing to me.
  What has been really keeping me busy is the fact that I am going to Prague this summer. My church is a part of an English camp that happens there every year and this year I have the opportunity of being a teacher. I was very nervous when I started, still am, about creating lesson plans. I have never made lesson plans before. I do teach Sunday school at my church, but that barely ever requires preparation because it is already prepared and organized for you in the box you get at the beginning of the quarter. So I really had no idea what to do. I was able to talk to some teachers that I know and after reading and following the book given me for the lessons, I feel more confident. I actually have most of my lessons plans done so I am feeling good about this.
   I am especially looking forward to going back to Prague. The last time I went was nine years ago back in 2004. So I am really looking forward to seeing that beautiful city again. I am going with  my mom so that should be a nice trip, just the two of us. We are also planning on going down to see Rome for a few days after the camp. So this summer will be fun.
   I just pray I can be a good witness to those Czechs who come to our camp. It would be wonderful if many of those campers come to know God through this camp.


So just for fun, here is a picture of a painting I did last year of the spires in Prague.

No comments:

Post a Comment