Friday, February 17, 2012

Hump day

So last weekend I was pretty busy working, I am glad I had a few good days this week. Monday I worked with a new patient, and the shift was good because we got along well. It is always good when your patient and their family is friendly and you work well together. Tuesday was Valentine's day and I spent most of the day home alone. I did some cleaning, organizing, and catching-up on TV shows I had missed over the weekend. I walked down the street in the afternoon to see a $5 movie. So that was a nice way to get exercise and relax at the movies.

Wednesday was a really good day for me. I woke up feeling well rested and have breakfast and coffee with my friend Priscilla. She has been going to my church for a little over a month and this was the first time we had hung out together outside of church. So it was really good to get to know each other just by talking nonstop for three hours!

After that I went to see my Chiropractor. I have a bad back and  go in to see him about every other week. So it was a good visit in general.

When I got home I had a lovely Skype chat with my best friend Abby. We live so far from each other so these Skype dates are really helpful. We found out conversation entertaining this time. Her computer was showing my camera feed at a slow pace, slower than what was really happening. So her picture was slower than what she heard me saying. It was fun, it made her laugh a few times.  :)
I am really thankful for my relationship with her. We have such an open relationship that we can share our struggles with each other and we try to help and encourage one another. I am always learning something from her and for that I feel very blessed to be her friend.

Later in the day I spent some time packing for my live-in shift over the weekend and had a good talk with my Mom. We talked about life and what I can possibly do in life and what I can do to help me figure out what I can do in life. Then we watched a show before we called it a night. That was a good ending to the day. Overall, it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment